Monday, March 7, 2011

Timothy's birthday, observed

We had a great time celebrating Timothy's birthday on Sunday! He chose a Thomas the Tank Engine theme (much to my surprise - I was expecting him to pick Toy Story.  Go figure!), and despite not having napped, he was as good a little host as a 3 year old can be.  He was oh-so-very excited about presents this year, so we actually let him open them during the party (he even opened the one from his friend Jack as soon as he walked through the door! hehe). 


"I can't see under this hat!"
"Look, papa!!"
Instead of a cake this year, we had some AMAZING cupcakes from Icing on the Cupcake.  They were SOOOOOO good (and yes, I had one of the few left-over ones for breakfast this morning. And no, I'm not ashamed! ;))



And what's a party without some funny (and cute) faces??


And our annual post-birthday bash self-portrait:


Happy birthday again, sweet boy!  We love you lots and lots!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Yay! Happy birthday to your beautiful boy. He is the cutest and the party looks fun. I think the cupcakes are a smart way to go too, it seems like every time I make a bday cake half of it just gets thrown out.
And congrats on Lyla's first tooth. She is adorable.