Saturday, May 17, 2008

A visit from a friend and Mommy's Birthday!

Timothy had his first "playdate"! My friend and former coworker Jessica and her son Daniel, who was born in December, came over to visit us for a couple of hours on Thursday. It was really great to finally meet the little guy in person! I've been following his blog since day one, and he's every bit as cute and squishable in person as he looks in his pictures. Of course, the boys aren't exactly at the playing stage yet, but the did seem interested in checking each other out. It was very cute! I'm kicking myself for not having taken a picture of Daniel and Timothy together... :( Next time, though!

Yesterday was my 32nd birthday, and a lovely day it was. Timothy and I spent the day indoors, as we unfortunately weren't able to make it out for a walk while it was still cool in the morning. Timothy watched half of a Baby Einstein dvd (he loves seeing all the babies doing various things - he gets really excited and jumps non-stop in my lap!) and played on his activity mat for a while, but mostly he nursed and slept (probably due to the heat).

Since the house went on the market on Wednesday, we had a visit from our realtor's photographer. He took some great shots of the house, including this beautiful picture of the nursery:


He was also kind enough to offer to take this family picture in front of the house for posterity:


After he left, we decided to get take-out from our neighborhood italian place instead of braving the heat and possible Friday night crowds. Timothy and Billy got me an adorable card ("Happy Birthday from cute & cuter" heehee) and a beautiful pair of aquamarine earrings - Timothy's birthstone! I also got several cards and gifts from other family and friends - thank you all for thinking of me!

All in all, it was a very good day!

No comments: