Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Busy, busy, busy!

Wow! I can't believe that it's been 11 days since I last posted anything! We've had so much going on that the days have just flown by.

Timothy got to meet "Auntie" Dotti on the 4th and 5th. She was here all the way from North Carolina, and she carved out two whole days to spend with us. We had a really fun time with her. Timothy loved her voice and laugh, and he was just all smiles when she held him. It was so great to see her - I just wish we could see her more often!

We also ran into Sara and Isaac at the mall last Monday. Sara is my old classmate and co-worker Jesse's wife, and Isaac is their absolutely adorable little guy. I was so happy to run into them. I've been following Isaac's blog since September, when he was born, so it was great to finally meet him in person!

On Tuesday, May 6th, Timothy had his 2-month check-up. He weighed in at 9lbs 14oz!!! (Well, that was with a big wet diaper on, so we figure that accounted for 2oz or so!) Still, that means he gained 2lbs in 5 weeks! No question as to whether he's getting enough to eat, eh? Also, he measured 23.25" long! So, he's in the 57th percentile for height, but only in the 10th percentile for weight - I'm not sure where he's getting these long 'n' lean genes! heehee

We've also been working on getting the house cleaned up and "staged" so we can put it on the market. We did a big clean-up on Tuesday evening because a slew of brokers came through on Wednesday for a preview to create some buzz. Then, on Saturday, Grandpa Jay and Grandma Peggy came over and helped us move a bunch of stuff out, and do a deeper clean. I don't know how we would've done it all without them!

On Sunday - my first official Mother's Day! - we went to Grandma Niki and Grandpa Evaristo's house for lunch. Timothy was in a great mood, so that made for a nice visit. Auntie Angie (or Auntie Monki, as I like to call her) even made an appearance to hang out with her one and only nephew for a while. We headed back to Sacramento and over to Aunt Susan's for dessert later in the evening. Oh, and Timothy got me a cute card and a hot/cold neck pillow (of course he picked it all out himself!)

After all that excitement, we spent a nice quiet Monday at home and had some much-needed rest and cuddle time.

Yesterday, we ventured out to Trader Joe's for some supplies, and did several loads of laundry. Timothy and daddy went for an evening walk, and then daddy finished getting stuff moved in the master bedroom.

This morning, I went to a mommy group meeting to meet some of the other moms in the neighborhood who have babies Timothy's age. It was great! There has been a little baby boom in the area, so there were 8 infants and several toddlers there, and Timothy was mesmerized by all the other little people. He was so into everything that was going on that he didn't even fall asleep after nursing. Needless to say, as soon as we got in the car to go on to our next activity, he was out like a light! We were planning on going to an infant massage class, but I decided not to wake him up, so we ran some errands instead. He's now fast asleep on my lap after waking up & nursing when we got home. He's been sleeping a bit more now that the weather has warmed up so much.

We're looking forward to a play date that we have set for tomorrow with my former co-worker Jessica and her adorable little guy, Daniel. Daniel was born in December, and I'm really looking forward to finally meeting him in person!

That's all for now... I will come back and post some pictures later today, after I get a chance to upload them.

No comments: