Saturday, November 6, 2010

Lyla Mae, 4 months old


Lyla is a joy to be around, plain and simple. She is a very happy little girl most of the time - just don't mess with her beauty sleep! She continues to be a good little eater, though she's very distractible, especially if Timothy is around.  She's reverse-cycling a bit because of this, which I think is good preparation for when I go back to work in a few weeks, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that we've hi the dreaded 4 month sleep regression.  She's still sleeping well, she just nurses a few times while we both sleep.  It's a win-win, if you ask me!

Developmentally, she's working on new skills all the time. She's vocalizing more and more (and more loudly!!), and she's discovered her hands and feet.  She'll often be waiving her arm around, catch sight of her hand and just stop and gaze at it for a few moments.  So cute!  She's also becoming very determined when she sees something she wants to explore, so it's definitely time to clear off the changing table!  Still no rolling, but I'm sure it'll happen soon enough.

Appearance-wise, she's growing a bit more hair, and believe it or not, it's coming in lighter.  I've said it before: the day she wakes up blond, I'm buying a lotto ticket! :) I will have to post her stats on Tuesday after her well baby visit.  I'm guessing 15+ lbs (For a bit of perspective, Timothy was 13lbs 9ozs at 7 months!)

All in all, this is going much too quickly. Timothy's infancy was over in a flash, but each day seemed like it dragged on forever.  Not so, this time around!

No comments: